Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Apparently, it works- 179.something

I got up to 188.8 (I think, it may have been a little higher than that... I'll have to log it all on here at some point) during my "gorge days". To be honest, I didn't gorge nearly as much as I used to, and I haven't had any problems. Day 3 (or Hell Day, as I like to call it) is usually the worst. Typically, I plan on staying in bed all day that day. It was fine this time. No big deal.

I'm exhausted- emotionally and physically- but the emotional exhaustion comes from the physical. I realized today that I live my life in 8 hour shifts. The first 8 hours is driving to school, attending class, driving home, and eating a quick lunch. The second is work. The third is sleep. Honestly though, It's uncommon to get 8 hours of sleep. The process of settling down and getting ready for bed, and then the process of waking up (which starts about 0700) cuts out at least an hour and a half of my sleep.

All of that rambling is to say: "I'm exhausted"

Supposedly, you lose more weight when you sleep regularly/enough- which is part of why I chose to go ahead and do this round. I get to sleep every night at the same time right now. That will change at the end of the summer when I go back to my normal shift, but right now, I'm sleeping regularly, even if it isn't enough.

Final weigh in for biggest loser is July 6th. I'm expecting everyone to pig out on the 4th. I won't have a problem with it. This game is mental, and I have a strong brain. My official weigh in for the contest was 193. I'm already down 14lbs. Keep this up, and I'll win it. I got this.

I really believe that I can do anything (within reason) for 40 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment