Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Motivation


Fallback
My lowest weight: 169.4 lbs
My weight this morning: 180 lbs

Lets talk about mistakes. I'm not perfect, nobody is. Sometimes, I choose not to dwell on mistakes. I choose to move on, and just start fresh. That will not work right now. There are mistakes I made on my last round that I do not want to make again. I need to point out those mistakes. 

Preparation: When I first started this, I used to prepare my meals ahead of time. I would pre-measure chicken/beef and put it in the freezer to cook later. I did not do that on my last round. I tried (too frequently) to cook my meal when I cooked Rob's. Way too often, that ended up with a little oil in my skillet, or some vegetable that isn't on my list on my plate. I also wasn't entirely prepared to deal with my diet/work schedule.

Motivation: I started off motivated, but at some point, I forgot why I was doing it. I didn't have anything set in place to prevent my motivation from slacking.

Help: I did not have an accountability partner. I wrote my weight on the calendar every day, but that is not enough. On days when I was irritated with my weight, I would not write it down, and some days, I did not even step on the scale. 

Commitment: At some point (when my motivation fell), I started thinking about all of the reasons that the diet wasn't working. I started pointing out flaws in the formula, flaws in the diet plan, and I started doubting my own personal need for the diet. I started adjusting the formula just enough to appease my wants.

Follow up: I stopped blogging about my journey. When I had a bad day, I kept it to myself. When I had a good day, I didn't share it enough. 

I became content. I got to the point where my clothes fit fine. People told me how good I looked. I felt good. It was all enough for me. I was happy with my success. 

Oh... and diet sodas. This is a journey to getting healthy, not a journey to getting skinny. Diet sodas are not healthy (nor are they permitted on HCG). 

Finishing Strong: Prevention
My weight this morning: 180 lbs
My goal weight: 140 lbs
Preparation: I will purchase and pre-measure portions for meals. I will not cook my food in the same skillet as Rob's. I may have Rob feed himself for a month. I will create a schedule (similar to the one I did way back when) to figure out when I will eat, sleep, go to class, and work. I will reread the email that got me started, so I will remember (and abide by) all of the rules that may have slipped my mind.

Motivation: I will make a list on a poster and hang it on the fridge. I will hang another above the scale in the bathroom. I will also post that list on this blog. 

Help: I will text my weight (and the daily change) to Rachel every morning. I will talk to someone when I am struggling. I will not bring Rachel down, and I will not allow her to bring me down. We will lift each other's spirits when needed.

Commitment: I will make the decision in advance to complete this round. I will not tolerate negative behavior from others, or from myself. I will remember that what this diet has done for me, and that it has worked, and therefore, it does work. 

Follow up: I will blog at least once a week including weight and experiences. I will be sure to write when I have ups and when I'm experiencing downs. 

I will not give up. I will not be satisfied with anything less than healthy (140). I will remember that obesity assists in causing heart disease, stroke, high blood pressure, diabetes, cancer, and many more health issues. I will do everything in my power to live as long as I can, and make those years as valuable as possible- for my family, for my friends, and for myself. I will set a positive example for my niece, for my nephews, and for any future children I may have. I will strive to have a healthy body, so when I am ready for a child, my body is ready to provide a safe home for that baby during pregnancy. 

I will drink plenty of water. I will not drink diet sodas or anything else that is prohibited on the diet. I will follow the rules. I will watch HCG work. I will finish this. 

Sunday, November 25th will be the first day of the second to last round of HCG I will be doing. No holding back. I've got this.

No comments:

Post a Comment