Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Catching Up

After posting my blog on Monday, I finally used the Gazelle that's been in the closet since a yard sale from last fall. I watched Grey's Anatomy while using the Gazelle. I'm going to have to pull up some instructional YouTube videos or something though, because I didn't even break a sweat.

The Gazelle made me a little overconfident though. Next, I pulled out the yoga mat and the Yoga for Fitness video that Rob bought me for Christmas. There are 4 things that I learned from the 5 minutes of that video that I made it through.
1. There is a reason that the woman doing the yoga does not tell you how to do yoga as she's doing it. She can't breathe.
2. I probably should start with some Yoga for Beginners. I can barely do a push up, holding myself up for long periods is out of my capabilities.
3. I should stretch more.
4. It does not matter how hard I try, I cannot touch my right knee to my left elbow while holding my body up with my arms.

So, after the yoga fail, I pulled out my exercise ball and did some sit ups on it- probably around 50 or so. Enough to make it hurt.

That was Monday. Tuesday, I took Rob to work and went to the workout room for our apartment complex. I stayed on the elliptical machine for 30 minutes, and the stationary bike for 20 minutes. There is no better motivation for staying on an elliptical than telling yourself this: "You did this when you where 270 lbs. If you can't do it now, we have a bigger problem." If I could go back in time, I would thank my super-fat self for being such a hardass.

Last night, I tossed and turned all night. I kept having stupid work dreams (just build one more load). At one point, Rob woke up and told me to get off of him if I was going to keep rolling around and groaning so loudly. I woke up this morning, and I went right back to bed. I slept a little better, but not much. I've been at work since 11:45.

The point: Today, I was 186 again. I'm pretty proud of myself. I cannot be satisfied by that, but it feels good to know that when I try, I really can control my weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment