Sunday, February 19, 2012

CAN YOU SEE IT?!?!?

It's the end! I'm getting there!



Firstly, although 170 was my original goal weight, it is NOT my real goal. I decided on 170, because it was exactly 100 lbs smaller than I was at my biggest. That is a durn good start. I wanted to be able to look at myself at 170, and see where I need to go from there.

I am evaluating my body and my level of health, and I will not declare a new goal weight until I have met this one. I do not want to devalue the impact that losing a hundred pounds will have on me.

As you know, I've been catching up on all of the doctor visits that I have neglected for the past year or so. I went to one about my shoulder- where I had blood drawn, I went to a gynecologist for the first time, and I went to an eye doctor.

I expected my blood test to come back with weird results. I expected them to tell me that my thyroid was jacked up, and I was anemic or something. Turns out, my thyroid cleared the test, and I'm not anemic. However, my blood sugar tested low. This didn't suprise me too much after I thought about it some. I've always gotten headaches when I don't eat. I get shaky and/or light headed as well. This happens more often when I'm not on HCG, so I highly doubt the two are connected.

To be honest, low blood pressure scares the crap outta me. I spent so much time and effort trying to lose weight, so I wouldn't end up with all these health problems, and one of the precursers of diabetes is officially a problem of mine. The nurse called to tell me, and she didn't make a big deal about it, but she did tell me to make sure I'm eating frequently enough.

Completely irrelevant to my weight- I now wear a single contact in my right eye.

Gyno-wise- My gyno lady is also a weight loss lady. Her nurse spent the first 15 minutes of my appointment commending me for my weight loss. I love it when that happens. It makes me remember how important this is. She asked me how it started and how it works. I love sharing my story.

When the real gyno lady came in, she had already spoken to the nurse, and also congratulated me on the weight loss. I went through my family history with her. She told me to drink more water, and that would help with the weight loss. I already knew that of course, but I do forget to drink my water. I don't know why it's so easy for me to remember to take a pill, and remember not to pop stuff in my mouth all the time (that was a hard habit to break), but it's so difficult to make myself drink water. Ugh... so much easier than everything else I do, and so much more helpful.

__________________________________
Now for my complaint. It's pretty rare that I complain about the world on this blog, but I have a serious issue with the way that things work, and I wish there was something I could do to change it.

I went to Denny's last week and ordered a chicken salad. I knew it had nuts and raspberries in it, but I didn't see it to be very difficult to pick them out. When she asked me which dressing I wanted, I looked at my options and picked vinegarette on the side, because my other options were Ranch, Light Ranch, or creamy fat in a bottle.

When I tried the vinegarette, it obviously contained sugar. I can almost understand that. Most people prefer a sweet dressing. I think that's highly impractical, but I can understand.

I started eating around the nuts and raspberries. They were covered in SYRUP! Why? How can you justify selling something as a "healthy option" (and yes, that's the side of the menu it was in) and then cover it in syrup? I almost started crying. The syrup stuff was dripped onto parts of my salad. I did my best to just eat the chicken and the tomatoes.

I cannot for the life of me figure out WHY this is done. Just give me a real healthy option. JUST ONE?!?!? Please? I would be disappointed in that salad even if I was allowed to have sugar. People who eat salads aren't looking for syrup. At Denny's? I would have ordered pancakes! ugh

We ate at Copeland's on Friday night for Valentine's day. There were PLENTY of unhealthy options, but they also offerred a "simply grilled chicken" that didn't have a bunch of extra stuff on it. For the sides, there was a horrible amount of unhealthy things, but they also offered plenty of veggies. I had to special order mine to make sure they weren't cooked in butter, but even that was a better option than coating nuts in syrup.

It's no wonder Americans are fat.

No comments:

Post a Comment