Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Day 7 VLCD



So, conveniently enough, I started day one of the very low calorie diet on the first. Much easier to keep up with what day I'm on now.

February 1st- Woke up that morning at 201.8lbs after my three gorge days. If you remember, the first time I did this, I only did two gorge days, and the third day of the VLCD killed me. I went to bed early that night because the stomach pains were too much to handle. I don't have that problem anymore now that I gorge an extra day. I've also noticed that my gorge days aren't like they used to be. Once upon a time- I could eat. A lot. All the time. That's how I try to do gorge days. It doesn't work like that anymore. Now, I just eat really big meals and a few snacks. I munch on stuff when I get the chance, but I don't go to Taco Bell anymore and try to put down a whole $5 box.

Day 2- 199.4- Typical first day 2lb loss.

Day 3- 195.6- That's a 3.8lb loss. Wow.

Day 4- 193.6- Back down to 2lbs a day. Gotta remember, this is the first week, and results are drastic. If you look at my Day -3 number (beginning of first gorge day), you'll see that I put on 4 or 5 lbs in the first 3 days, so why can't I drop it that fast?

Day 5- 189.6- 4lbs in a day again... a little concerned that it could be too quickly, but it's still super cool.

Day 6- 188.2- 1.4lbs- Much more normal.

Day 7- 187.0- 1.2lbs. I think it's regulating itself. The first week is always a little crazy.

Couple of important notes regarding this round of HCG:

I did not schedule this round around my period. I believe the idea of doing this is so you will only have your period once during your 40 days. I expected mine to come around the 10th, so I wasn't concerned about starting right after I got off of it. Instead, I started on the 1st (the app on my phone that I use to keep track of it froze up and I lost all my past saved information) and just got off today. That might have something to do with how I lost 4lbs in a day twice, but I don't know enough about it to tell you if that's a reasonable assumption.

My schedule is all jacked up. You can see it on the last post. Some of my days are quite a bit longer than others, so when I weigh in as soon as I get up, sometimes, it's been 30 hours since my last weigh in, and others it's only been 14 hours. I do what I can to keep everything as regular as possible, but this may be where my weight fluctuations are coming from.

I have been absolutely exhausted for the past week. I have moments where I'm wide awake, and moments where I could fall asleep if I sit down for too long. I do not believe this comes from HCG, or my insane schedule, but the combination of both pushes me a little harder than I had expected. I am pretty sure that as things settle down, I'll be able to get to bed on time and be more alert and stuff.

Muy importante notas- When I first started HCG, it was a little over $40 at GNC for a "2 week supply" that always ended up being about a 12 day supply. It had a very faint taste to it, but it wasn't a bad taste. You put 10 drops under your tongue and held them there as long as possible. You could not eat or drink anything 15 minutes before or after taking the drops. I knew that this brand worked, and I avoided trying any other brands as much as possible. A few months ago, they started selling HCG at Walmart. For the same sized bottle, my brand of HCG was $20 instead of $40. I was stoked, and bought a bottle when I started this round. It tasted like crap. I'm not kidding. I mean, I have no idea what crap tastes like, but it smelled like butt crack and that's what I related the taste to. It was "mint chocolate" flavored, but I have no idea where they got that idea. I used it twice so I wouldn't mess up my regime, and returned it to Walmart the next day (yay for their amazing return policy!).

The same exact brand has a pill form of HCG. Because I needed some type of HCG right then so I wouldn't mess with my schedule, I bought the pills. I didn't really expect them to be as awesome as before, but I needed to get started. I figured I could go to GNC when I had time and pick up the right formula. Apparently, the pills work. You only take them twice a day (instead of the 3x per day with the drops) and there are no restrictions as far as eating/drinking before/after goes. Like the new formula, they smell like butt crack, but they don't have a taste.

Ummm.... I think that's it for now.

I could be in the 170s in a week. ANYONE ELSE EXCITED?!?!?!?!?!??!

My ticker says I'm 17lbs out. I have always said that I would reevaluate my weight at 170 to see where I'm at. I'm almost at that point. My healthy weight is between 107 and 135lbs. I think I'd be happy at 140, but again, I'm reevaluating my body all the time. It's obvious that I still have a ways to go, and I can't even seriously think about if 140 would still feel overweight. I do have a doctor's appointment tomorrow (which is the first one I've had since I started losing weight), and I'll ask for her opinion on the matter.

When I first started this, my BMI was 46.3. It's now 32.1. It should be around 25. I've come a long way.

No comments:

Post a Comment