Monday, December 24, 2012

Day 2- No starch, no sugar.

I don't want to type this, but admitting there is a problem is the first step to fixing it, right?

So, I stopped the pills,waited 2 days, and started no starch no sugar. Yesterday, I had an omelette, some buffalo chicken, some fake eggs (I think they're egg whites with food coloring) with turkey sausage in them, and some popcorn. I guess popcorn is starchy. I didn't realize that, or I pretended it wasn't in my brain or something. Saturday morning (before I started NSNS) I weighed in at 162.0. I stepped on the scale this morning... 166.0. I don't even want to type that. I keep thinking, "I have no idea how that happened." It was the popcorn. Duh. So, I should have done a steak day today, but I was not prepared to, so I've just been really careful. I had some leftover buffalo chicken (I got the recipe off Pinterest. Crockpot. AWESOME!), a salad, and I just ate a cheddar-worst-thingy with mustard on it and no bun. We'll see where I'm at tomorrow. If it gets worse, I'll deal with it...

I'm already planning on Christmas being a rule-breaking day, and the 26th being a steak day. I'll see how that goes.

For me, this is the hard part. It's easier to follow a ton of rules than a few. I'm not sure why that is.

Oh well. I've got this.

Oh, and in the past couple of weeks, I have made a ton of sweets, and not even tasted any. I'm pretty impressed with that.

1 comment:

  1. Just HANG in there! Everybody backslides a little in life. TODAY is STEAK DAY! Do u hear me? Steak - Steak - Steak. There could be WORSE things to eat! And by the way - when u were little you didn't even LIKE popcorn! What's up with that? love you baby girl....me

    ReplyDelete