Monday, December 31, 2012

Umm...

I think I was 167.2 this morning.

In 27.2 lbs, I will have met my final goal. I'm so ready to be done with weight loss.

Here's my thoughts/opinions on the matter right now (as I eat my chicken bacon ranch salad from McDonalds, cause that's as healthy as it gets at 0400 on New Year's Eve): yay... I've lost one hundred and some-odd pounds... can I just be done now? Can't I just get to that final weight and stay there? Maybe have to do the occasional 'after holiday cleanse' or something, but be done? It's still very not fair about how much I have to pay attention to what I eat. Sometimes, I don't even think about eating, and other times, I just want to eat all freaking day. Today is an eat-all-day day. I totally had mac and cheese for lunch/dinner at 8 last night.

2013 is it. Whatever weight I am at the end of 2013 is all I'm losing. I can't be on a diet for the rest of my freaking life, and honestly, there's no reason that I can't lose the last 27 lbs before summer even. Weight loss has become my life, and I'm sick of it. I'm ready to start my new life as a healthy person... I'm so done with this. Finish strong- then be done.

Sometimes, I don't blog for periods of time because I'm so stinkin sick of talking about it.

"Are you allowed to eat that?" "Are you dieting right now?" "I thought you weren't supposed to..." MURRR... shut up.



SOOOOOO On a completely unrelated note: I want a tattoo.

Let me defend myself first, although it's not necessary. I'm a grown up, and supposedly, I don't have to tell people my reasons, but this is kind of fun.

My mom is my best friend. She's the one person who is always on my team. When people said I wouldn't go back to school, that I wouldn't finish. When people said that hCG was bad for me. When people thought it was just another fad diet. When I wanted to play softball, even though I sat on the bench cause Lanny Rice was still the coach. When I quit softball after years of playing, because for some reason, I felt like God told me to. When I had to call off a wedding, and she said, "I can make it all go away in 24 hours", all I had to say was, "I need you to make it go away." When I got a Pit Bull because I was scared to live alone. When I fell in love way faster than 'normal' and all she wanted to know was who made me so happy. When I found out about my other half-brother, and our 'new family'. When my Granny Shirley died, and Rob couldn't go to the funeral...

As a child, and as an adult, my momma has been best friend. She has always been there for me, in ways that nobody else could.

Mom and I used to get into the famous "I love you more" debates. The conclusion was always that she loves me more, because her heart is bigger. Keep in mind, that started when I was a child, and as a grown up, her heart was obviously larger than mine. To this day though, I let her win that argument but, "Only cause your heart's bigger."

Here is the tattoo that I want:

The idea is to get matching tattoos. Hers would be the same, except that it would say, "Only cause my heart's bigger"

The only real dilemma I have is whether to write it like we would say it (which is how it is in the picture) or whether to do it in a more grammatically appropriate way of, "Only because your heart is bigger"

That may be a stupid thing to contemplate, but I think I would have more issues with the southern grammar permanently on my body than I would have with it being worded in a official sounding tone.

1 comment:

  1. Alrighty Pudge - WAY TO MAKE ME SIT AT MY DESK & CRY LIKE A BABY!!!!! :) It was a good kind of cry though - thank you. I love you! You are one of God's greatest gifts to me!

    As far as your weight goes, I really REALLY like the idea of 2013 - at the end....being where you decide that's the weight you're going to maintain....it gives you a time frame to acheive your goal. And 2013 is going to be such an amazing year for you. With new beginnings...like when you finish school, and begin your career. And when you & Rob make decisions about your future, your life, your location.... Just keep up the great work. You INSPIRE me, in more ways than you ever know. And I DO love you more - but only cuz my heart's bigger..... ;)

    ReplyDelete