Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Day... ummm... 34. 6 days left on the drops. 9 days on VLCD



So much to say....

Let's start with the fact that I'm at 195.6. I know progress is slow right now, but progress is progress.

My period starts in 2 days, (according to the app on my phone that says so, I'm not sure I believe it. We'll see.) and supposedly, you stop losing weight when you're on it. I know that I slow down when I'm on it, but I usually lose something. I also usually get very close to not losing any weight towards the end, but regardless of whether or not I lose any, I will stick this out until 3 days after I run out of drops, or day 43, whichever comes first. I'm a very determined person. I feel like the more I say that, the more accountable I am holding myself.

After HCG-
As you should know, I am not allowed starches or sugars for 2-3 weeks after I get off the VLCD. This round, I am going to go without starches and sugars until Thanksgiving, which is just over 2 weeks.

I want to reach 170 before January 4th. I know you all know that, but I want it BAD. The easiest time for me to lose weight will be during those 2 weeks without starches and sugars. I'm going to start working out, which is something I can't do while I'm only consuming 500 calories. In order to make absolute certain that I am consuming ZERO starches and ZERO sugars during this time, I'm trying to find an all liquid/mostly liquid diet to go on. I'm seriously considering Slim Fast, or just drinking protein shakes and taking vitamins. really think it could work, and I think as long as I'm taking vitamins, I should be fine. It would also help me keep away from triggers. If I were to ever do that, this would be the time. I am not tied down with addictions to food right now. In fact, I rarely eat anything anymore. I know... tisk, tisk. I make sure I eat something every day, but I don't eat an apple, or a pickle, or something between meals, and I frequently only eat one "meal" a day (which usually consists of a piece of meat with a tablespoon of salsa).

When I start working out, I know that I'll need more protein, but I want to do that with as few calories as possible. I don't see a need for consuming a bunch of calories when I'm pretty sure that protein would suffice.

*****Disclaimer- I am ABSOLUTELY not a medical professional! I'm just kind of trying experiments with possible weight loss methods for myself, and attempting to do so in a reasonably healthy way. Please also note that the healthiness of HCG is constantly debated, to which my argument will always be that it is much more unhealthy to be 270lbs in your early 20s.*****

I apologize for the long blog, but I warned you that I have a lot to say.

Someone just asked me, "How ever did you do it?" He was talking about managing a Subway while being a full time student, but my answer is the same, regardless of what the question is referencing. "I wanted it very badly. I was very determined." Another friend of mine recently asked me a form of the same question. She is also trying to lose weight via HCG. She asked out I can so easily turn down my temptations.

There are two giant bowls of candy at my house right now from Halloween. I walk by them every time I go to my George Foreman. I look at it, and sometimes want a piece, but it isn't an option. For me, it's like seeing a commercial about chocolate. I can't have it. My mind is made up. I am fully committed to this. It helps that it's been so long since I ate a piece of chocolate, that my taste buds don't remember it. If I ate candy right now, it would probably taste so sweet that I'd be disgusted. When my mom makes dinner, and I can smell it, its, not like I don't like the smell. I do, but I don't want to eat it. It just wouldn't be worth it. I would have to start all over. I would have that taste back in my mouth, and it would be much harder to turn down the second time. What makes me so determined? I don't ever want to have to start over. I don't want to ever get back to 270... or even 201. The reasons I'm doing this are always at the front of my mind. Doing this isn't an option anymore. It's just something that has to be done, so in typical Brittni fashion, I'm just doing it. You can only really fail if you give up, and I won't give up, so I won't fail. :-)

*****************************************************************************
Now that the completely unnecessary pep talk is over, lets have some awesome news.

Today, I put on two different pairs of size 13 pants. They were by no means cute, but not horribly uncomfortable. I have no intentions of wearing them in public for a while, but a friend gave them to me for when I get to that point. At first, I didn't think they would ever fit over my bum... it's HUGE... but one pair covered my whole bum, and the other just the top of my bumcrack showed. It's not like I would say that "I wear a size 13," but I can, and will acknowledge the fact that I am incredibly close to using odd numbers for my pant size, instead of the even numbers used for plus sized clothes.

I am happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment