Monday, November 28, 2011

The things that happen when you get up early:

I went to go work out this morning.

Worked on my arm flab. I don't feel like I'm going to drop the weight on my head anymore. I spent 30 minutes on the bike, then I worked on my tummy flab a little. I did crunches on the exercise ball. I really like it. If you do enough of them, it hurts pretty bad (which is how I know I'm doing something right), but it doesn't hurt my neck like doing them on the ground would. After crunches, I started to get on the treadmill and start C25K (google it).

Treadmills and I do not get along. I have no idea what "setting" to put them on that's fast enough to do some good, but slow enough so I don't fall off. I played with it for a few minutes, and "briskly walked" (translation: trying to keep my feet straight while stumbling) on it, then I gave up. There was nobody in the building to take me to the hospital if I face planted and riped my skin off. I decided it was best not to tempt fate. It's pretty sad when I feel like a treadmill is too high tech for me. There should be a setting for C25K on a treadmill. That'd be pretty cool.

So after my near disaster with the treadmill, I went to my old faithful elliptical machine (which, in theory, should be more high tech than a treadmill, but with an elliptical, I feel like I'm in control). Spent a half an hour there- no problem. I wanted to work on my arm flab a little more, but the cleaning lady was there, and I kinda feel like a moron with a pink tie around my elbows while I lift weights behind my head (thank you, Daddy, for that technique). Instead, I went back and spent another 20 mins on the bike while I waited for her to leave. She never did. That's okay. I figure you can't dis an hour and 20 minutes of cardio + some muscle work. Pretty good workout today.

Things I am getting used to:
Seeing my colar bone.
Shopping on the other side of the wall.
Staying on the elliptical machine for the whole 30 minutes.
Being aware of what I put in my body all the time.

Things I will never get used to:
Stretchy skin (any advice for that?)
People telling me how different I look
The first 10 minutes of a workout


No comments:

Post a Comment