Sunday, November 13, 2011

Thank you, HCG! I'll take it from here (for now).

Alrighty-

I'm not putting my weight on here today, because I have not been weighing myself every morning like I'm supposed to. I have been doing everything else wonderfully, I'm just not sure how much I weigh today. It's probably between 192-195.

I'm not really sure how to explain my game plan for the rest of the year, except what I already have explained in the last post, so I'll just explain what my day looked like today.

06:30- I made a protein shake and drank it on my way to work.
07:45- Ate a banana.
08:15- Took a women's one-a-day multivitamin.
08:30- Drank a cup of coffee in it with a small amount of 2% milk and some Equal.
12:00- Drank another protein shake for lunch.
12:45- Ate another banana.
          -  I've gone through 2 or 3 bottles of water today, but I'm not sure how much.


At 6:00 or so, I'm going to eat a salad for dinner. It's got a hard boiled egg, ham, turkey, tomatoes etc. in it. I do not eat any dressing on it. I'm trying to learn not to eat so close to bed time.

Last night, I went to work out after I got home. I got off work at 7:00 last night, and got to the gym around 8:00. By the time I got home and showered, it was after 10:00. I didn't feel like eating, but I hadn't really ate anything other than my bananas all day. So, I figure the early dinner will help with that.

When I work out, I mostly do cardio. I want to burn calories without building much muscle. Last night, I worked with Dad on my arms. They are kinda flabby in the typical areas, and I'd like to fix that. The more weight I lose, the more that flab hangs. Dad showed me some stuff I can do to work on those areas, but I'm really trying to be careful not to build muscle instead of losing weight. My arms are sore today.

I've seen a common concern with people about my current game plan that I would like to address. People say that by drinking protein shakes, it triggers my body to gain mass instead of lose it. This would be true if I ate a normal amount of food with these protein shakes, and/or if I put a lot of my powder in the shakes.

Look at a typical Special K/Slim Fast diet plan.
2 protein shakes a day.
2-3 snacks a day.
1 real meal.
Work out.

I'm doing the same thing as far as I can tell, except that my shakes do not have 14-20g of sugar. They are only about 140 calories. Also, I can't tell the difference between the "diet protein bars" and a candy bar, except that they have half the calories and more protein. They have a TON of sugar... why??? I'd rather have something healthy without the sugar. I don't want to mess up my progress with HCG by breaking the rules and eating sugar like that before my 2 weeks are up.

I'm also still sitting on my exercise ball at my desk. I'm thinking about getting another one for home. I've had one at home before, but I really never knew what to do with it. A coworker showed me that I can use it for crunches and stuff and maybe minimize the flab on my stomach that used to be a giant belly.

Yay for fun workouts!

No comments:

Post a Comment