Sunday, January 2, 2011

Day 0

I say "Day 0" because tomorrow is Day 1. I guess it's just a preface kind of thing.

I have been considering doing the HCG diet for over a month now. It seemed like the perfect thing for me. I am a small part of a big family full of big people. I have almost always been heavy. When I was in the 6th grade, I was over 120lbs- that's the first time I can remember being ashamed of my weight. From then on, it's been up and up and up.

I played softball all through school. I played catcher. None of the exercise helped.

I tried Advocare when I was in the 8th grade, but I was a kid, and the shakes got gross after a while.

I went for a physical in high school... I was probably around 190lbs... the doctor told me I needed to start losing weight. I left the doctor's office in tears (my brother offered to beat him up).

I graduated high school at 225 or so. My first semester of college, I spent months working out nonstop. I have a bit of an addictive personality, and when I started, I couldn't stop. 2 to 4 hours a day, 5-6 times a week, I was in the gym. Elliptical machines, the bicycle, treadmills, and a psychotic amount of time on the track. If you've ever worked out, you know that after a while, it decreases your appetite. So, I didn't eat much... I also didn't lose any weight... like... none. So I stopped. I do not believe that I overeat enough to be this big. So why am I this big?

The HCG diet was made for people like me... people who gain weight no matter how they eat, no matter how they exercise.

I went to the doctor on Thursday- 264lbs. I am too young for this. This stops now... and you, Mr. Blog, are my accountability partner.

No comments:

Post a Comment