Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Day 8

251.2

I'm slowing down, but that's okay.

I had some pretty intense unexplainable chest pains last night. I thought it was asthma related, so I used my inhaler, but it didn't really help. I fell asleep, and woke up fine. I talked to my Aunt Tina about it, and she said it's probably from my body adjusting to my weight change. My heart is used to pumping to 260lbs, not 250 (I know, not quite). I figure since I'm slowing down, I should be okay... and no. I don't smoke.

That's the thing about being fat. Your body can't handle it for long periods of time. My body wasn't made to carry this much weight around all the time, or handle all of the junk I put into it.

GIANT THANK YOU TO MY NEE NEE BRENDA for telling me that you only have to grill chicken for 4 minutes. I had been grilling it for way longer, and didn't realize that I didn't need to. It was so dry, I'd get mad for having to eat it. I figured it was dry because of the George Foreman grill cooking out the juices. Turns out, that was my fault.

This experience is going to teach me how to cook. I made grilled onions to go with my "burger" tonight. Freakin awesome! Like onion rings, minus the not-good-for-you-stuff. I'm very proud of myself right about now. I haven't cheated once (at least, not that I know of). I'm not hungry. I fall asleep faster, stay asleep longer. I feel BETTER!

If all goes like it's supposed to, I'll be back in the 240s tomorrow. :) I'm also measuring myself tomorrow. Rae says it's important to measure yourself every week, thought I really don't feel like I've shrunk a "measureable" amount. I'll let you know!

1 comment:

  1. Go Brittni!! :) So happy for you! It is really cool to hear your story and I'm so excited to keep reading about it! I miss you! =) We should catch up one of these days.

    Love ya!!
    Renee

    ReplyDelete