Tuesday, October 18, 2011

203.2 again, but it's okay... I didn't do anything wrong.

When I read, I get completely lost in the book. I used to read all the time, especially my senior year of high school. I haven't read much since I started college. I haven't disappeared in a book, I mean. I started reading Twilight (pause for the applause to stop). I held off, because I am a huge Harry Potter fan, and I felt like a traitor. Harry Potter is over. There is nothing left for me to look forward to.... so I dove in. I started the first book Monday night, just before midnight. I finished it around 11 tonight. I'm a good chunk of the way through the second book now, and I read a line that I wanted to blog.

"It didn't feel like the pain had weakened over time, rather that I'd grown strong enough to bear it."

Life goes on. Edward left, but Bella still survives. She was a zombie for a while (believe me, I know that one), and sometimes, she still feels like a zombie, but life goes on.

I took the quote to relate to weight loss as well though. I still have my triggers- the smell of french fries, pizza, Arby's.... and it doesn't smell any less tempting for me. I just know that I don't need it. It isn't that I don't want it, but I want other things more. I want to be healthy.

In the past few months, almost half a year, I have may have appeared to be a very weak person. There were, and occasionally still are, times when I don't feel like I can hold myself together. The thing is, I know that I am strong. Sometimes I forget, but it's a truth that my Dad instilled in me years ago. I am strong enough to lose 100 pounds in a year. I am strong enough to hold out for the man who is perfect for me. I am strong enough to take care of myself, just in case he never shows.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. God, please make me as strong as You need me to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment