Thursday, October 13, 2011

Twice in One Day- Wow

First things first- If you have a hard time commenting on a blog, scroll way down, and follow my directions below. It took me hours to figure this out (and I got in a tiny bit of trouble at work, because I didn't get some stuff done, because I was doing this instead). I would love for the info to benefit someone else.



Now, I'd like to share some short-ish-term goals with you all.

I want to be down to 170lbs by January 4th, 2012. That would put me at a hundred pounds in a year. Here's the trick to this: if everything goes ABSOLUTELY AWESOMELY on the rest of this round of HCG, it will put my weight at 182 on November, 11. This in itself makes me smile. :-) I cannot go back on the diet again until after the new year. On the other side of that, it gives me 53 days to lose 12 more pounds. Totally possible, right? YES! I'll have to do it on my own. No HCG. Maybe I'll stay no starch/no sugar for a while. Thanksgiving and Christmas will be exceptions to that rule, but I have to learn healthy portion sizes. A tiny sample of all of the awesomeness that my family cooks, will satisfy my taste buds. I just have to get it in my head that there is no point in being so full that my pants are uncomfortable. A large part of my family is diabetic, so there are ALWAYS diabetic friendly dishes at family-get-togethers. I should befriend those dishes. Might make life easier.

I want to be healthy. That was the whole purpose of this. It wasn't about me getting thin. I want to be healthy. I'm really not supposed to work out much on this diet, but I need to start doing some exercises. I am very non-limber. My heart rate still sky-rockets when I exert myself. I went to campus the other day and lost my breath walking from my truck to the Treasurer's Office. I want that to stop... BEFORE I go back to school. Totally possible, right? YES AGAIN! I'm going to start "speed walking" or "brisk walking" or whatever it is. I don't ever do that. I run until I can't breathe, and walk until I catch my breath, and repeat. I can't do that on HCG. There's a good chance I'd pass out. Lady bug could use the exercise too. She's getting old.

I haven't been to the bar in almost two weeks. I just don't want to go. I don't want to be one of those people. There's a really long story about what specifically made me leave the bar, but it isn't important. P.S. Anyone know where to play free poker other than a bar? I love that game, but I shouldn't play more than once a week or so.
For those of you who don't know, I'm a very, very, very determined person. When I want something, I work hard for it. (This probably has something to do with why I'm giving the UofA over half my paycheck every two weeks so I can go back to school in January.) Failure isn't an option for me. My dad told me the other day, "You have to go back to school to prove everyone wrong." I asked him who there was to prove wrong, because as far as I know, everyone who knows me well enough to care, knows that I will go back to school. Occasionally, people ask me if I'm still planning on going back. I'm not "planning on it." I'm friggin going to do it. Quitting isn't an option for me. I started it. I have to finish. I wish my brother were that way.


So... here's the only real full body picture I have of me right now. I wish I had some older ones, but when I was at my biggest, I tried not to let people take full body pictures of me. They were lucky to get a head shot. If any of you can find a really fat full body picture of me, let me know. It'd be great for comparison. At some point, I'll take a new picture of me in my old clothes. It will be funny. I put on another shirt today that I used to not wear because it was too small, and now I can't wear because it's way too big.

I'm really not a fan of my hair or facial expression in this picture, but that isn't the point. (I've mastered the "stand like this so you look kind of skinny-er" pose.)





Leaving comments: I'd screenshot, but apparently, Blogspot isn't a fan.
  • Go to the tools button on your internet page. It looks like a gear. Click Internet Options. Go to the Privacy tab in Internet Options. Change your settings to low. This should still block the cookies that your computer needs to block, but it allows the ones that allow us to comment. Click Apply. Click OK. Close out your internet completely, and open it back up.
  • When you log back into Blogspot, uncheck the "leave me signed in" or "remember me" or whatever it says. For whatever reason, this jacks up the memory. (Seriously, Blogspot, if we can't use the box, why put it there?)

No comments:

Post a Comment